By Destiny James Posted December 14, 2011
The top five shows to buy over Christmas break are the following:
- “The Hangover Part 2,” is based off of the first movie in which four best friends go on a trip and happen to lose the groom. This time they go to Thailand for Stu’s wedding. After the bachelor party in Las Vegas, Stu takes no chances and wants a safe, subdued pre-wedding brunch. However, things do not go as planned. Watch for yourself and see what happens.
- “Mr. Popper’s Penguins,” is a great family film, and suitable for all ages. It is a very enjoyable movie, and has a great actor as well, Jim Carrey. This film is about the life of a business man who has no time for his family but begins to change after he inherits six penguins. He transforms his apartment into a winter wonderland and his professional life starts to unravel. This is a great movie to enjoy with a cup of hot chocolate.
- “Friends with Benefits,” is a great romance flick. It stars Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis. The film tells the story of Jamie (Kunis) and Dylan (Timberlake), who meet in New York City. Over time the two begin to develop deep mutual feelings for each other, only to deny it each time they are together. This is a great film to watch with your boyfriend or girlfriend. This show is somewhat graphic, but it is still kid orientated.
- “Fast Five,” is a based off of the other fast five movies. This is about Dominic “Dom” (Vin Diesal) is being transported to prison. His sister Mia Toretto (Jordana Brewster) and friend Brian O’Conner (Paul Walker) lead an assault on the bus, causing it to crash and free Dom. While the police search for them, the three escape to Rio de Janeiro where their safe house is. While they are there they plan to get a job to steal three cars from a train. Brian and Mia discover that agents from the U.S. Agency are also on the train and that the cars are seized property. Dom and Brian are captured and brought to the owner of the cars. Reyes orders the pair be interrogated to discover the location of the car, but they manage to escape and go to their safe house.
- “Change Up,” is a great film that stars Ryan Reynolds and Jason Bateman. It is about Mitch (Reynolds) and Dave (Jason) who have grown up together. Mitch just wants to be a partier and is always breaking girls’ hearts, and doesn’t care about anyone but himself. Then there is Dave who has a beautiful wife and lovable children however he doesn’t want them and wants to live the single life again. When they magically switch bodies, they both realize the importance of how great life can be if they don’t take things for granted.